Monday, August 3, 2009

Sigh...

My heart is really heavy tonight. Not really for myself... I am just thinking of how crazy and messed up this world is and wanting so much more for some friends who are going through a world of hurt right now. I have so much I want to say to them, and yet I feel like I need to limit my words in order to be respectful of their grief. I do know what it is like to grieve.

I guess what I want these two friends to know (two friends who do not even know each other and whose burdens are so very different) is simply this... That God is a compassionate God. That He owns you and loves you even if you are rejecting Him right now. That if you belong to Him, He will chase you to the ends of the earth and will have you as His child. He has known since before the beginning of time that all of this would happen, and there is nothing about you that can make Him not love you. Just come to Him and experience the peace of resting in His love for you.

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading one chapter of Proverbs a day (31 days). One verse said that we are to walk with God daily. I think it's easy for me to say that I've had my God time and now I'm done. Sad. And, I know I've been neglecting my family at times for the computer. NOT GOOD. I'm trying to do better, like you. (By the way, I have diabetes and do not like mac and cheese--haha).

    ReplyDelete