Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I dit it.

I wrote the letter.  And I feel strange.  I haven't done anything with it, but I guess the next step is to have another set of eyes read it.  I probably need to change a few things that I am not yet aware of. :)  I just kind of poured it all out and there it was.

It feels good to finally have something on paper.  I have procrastinated for so long for what I believed to be very valid reasons.  But it is time to stop hiding behind those reasons and just take a step in faith.

The bad news is that I will have to call Bethany in order to set up a meeting with them and then have them forward the letter.  The good news is that I'm no longer 17, and I don't have to feel intimidated.  It took me a long time to get here, but I'm actually pretty comfortable in my thirty-something skin.  I have some things I'd like to say, and I don't mind saying them.  It's amazing what 15 years of life can do to boost your confidence.

For the first time in a loooong time, I will have some genuine rest as I put my head on my pillow tonight.  I don't know what the future holds or if there will be a lot of heartache because of this letter.  But I have been praying about this for years, and very intensely for the last few months.  I believe it is right to move forward with it.

7 comments:

  1. Lord, I pray right now that you would make room in the hearts of this family, especially her first daughter's heart for a few more. I pray they will clearly see Jenni's true intentions thru this letter and that she is not looking to harm but to heal. Lord I ask that you would lay your healing hands on each of their hearts and bring them peace. We trust you to work out all the details and to remove any roadblocks. We love you and trust you. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Jenni)))

    I have been and will continue to be praying for you, your daughter, and her parents daily. Praying for wisdom, clarity, and peace of mind. I've been praying for months that the Lord would already be working to open her parents' hearts, and that your sweet daughter would be ready to receive your letter.

    I'm waiting with hopeful anticipation with you! Please email or call if you ever need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can nearly "feel" the weight that writing this letter has lifted off of you. I'll be praying for you, your daughter, her family and the workers at Bethany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, friends. :) Carla, you "de-lurked"! LOL Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenni, you wrote it. On my knees with the others on your behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you! I've been wondering when you would move forward. You are right, sister, you aren't that 17 year old girl. You are a WOMAN blessed with God's grace, peace, and understanding. Keep us posted! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are an awesome writer and do very well at getting your point accros in a loving way, I am sure you did an awesome job

    ReplyDelete